Related Articles

8 users responded in this post

Subscribe to this post comment rss or trackback url
mygif
mels said on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:07 am

I will never look at a Waffle House the same after reading all about the WH stops (or lack there of). I read your blogs everyday, sometmes twice a day. Many prayers are being sent for all of you on this trip. May God continue to keep you all safe~!
~~smooches~~
Melissa Smith
(friend of Chasse and Laurens and faithful listener to Rob on His Radio)

mygif
Eric Mitchell said on October 22nd, 2008 at 11:07 am

I think BK is now OFF my list! HOLY COW! What an experience! I can’t imagine how ignorant someone would have to be to respond the way that person did at BK. Bless her heart!

Prayers keep flowing for y’all! Keep up the hard work!

Eric

mygif
tonyashuba said on October 22nd, 2008 at 11:24 am

Hey, Team. You guys are incredible. I have just read a CaringBridge update from some friends of ours who’s 3 yr old is about to have his one year anniversary since blood cord transplant. He spent lots of time at GHS with the Pediatric Oncology Docs. Reading of his progress just brings everything you are doing FULL CIRCLE. This is why you are dodging craters and looking for food in the middle of the night…so those who suffer from cancer, can Keep up the Fight, and win!! Thanks for all you are doing! Keep up the good work. You are all in my prayers.

mygif
plsaiz said on October 22nd, 2008 at 1:30 pm

You guys are incredible!! I was watching you on the “Spot” all evening and it looked like smooth sailing all the way!! This just proves looks are deceiving. Christmas Carols have always been a good way to pass the time when traveling, right Rene!! Love you all, words can’t describe what inspirations you all are to us at home.
Rene’s mother, Paula

mygif
Kimberly said on October 22nd, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Miss you all and I’m loving to read your updates! My thoughts and prayers are with you! next time, try some hymns! Amazing Grace will get you through anything! I sang it once when I got caught out in a thunderstorm on my bike!!!

mygif
rhondacap said on October 22nd, 2008 at 2:59 pm

wow, i have really enjoyed reading all of the riders entries, it is still amazing to me the endurance you guys have and the dedication to your cause is tremendous and greatly admired.
Ron, I have found myself re-reading your blog because i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when i saw the Wal-_ _ _ _ word. I can only imagine how grunmpy you were as you are starving in the office by 9:00 am, after having breakfast.
well best of luck to you nad your team and all the riders i have been and will continue to pray for your safety. Have fun and hello to Jen i enjoy reading her blogs. With love, Rhonda Capparelli

mygif
Barb Fountain said on October 22nd, 2008 at 4:44 pm

Ron — I must admit that I am a little disappointed that you did not sing any Violent Femmes!!!! Stay safe!

Barb

mygif
your fav sis-in-law said on October 23rd, 2008 at 7:54 pm

Luckily I am your only one so I can claim that title. Congrats on your incredible accomplishments. What you have pulled off is absolutely amazing. I hope you are as proud as you should be. I know I am proud to know you. Great now you have it in print. I can’t deny saying it….Be safe. Thanks for taking care of my sister!! You are a good bro-in-law…Crap!!! I did it again!!! I better go before I say something I really regret..
Love Ya,